V.I.P Road, Baguiati, Kolkata
V.I.P Road, Baguiati,
+91 97480 49907
Anal Fissure (Fissure-in-ano)
An anal fissure is a tear or open sore at the terminal part of anal lining. It is a very painful condition. In most of the cases the fissure heals within two weeks with conservative management but in some cases it persists for more than six weeks which requires surgery.
What causes anal fissure ?
- Passage of hard stool.
- Childbirth in females.
- Intestinal diseases like ulcerative colitis, Crohn’s disease.
- Sexually transmitted diseases like AIDS, syphilis.
- Sequel of tuberculosis, leukemia.
- Anal intercourse.
When to consult a doctor ?
- Pain and burning sensation in anus on passing stool.
- Intense painful anal spasm lasting for several hours after passing stool.
- Streaks of blood on stool or bright-red bleeding.
- Hanging of skin outside the tear line (sentinel pile).
Why Ayurveda ?
- Wide range of effective medicinal management.
- Various Modalities of surgical management.