V.I.P Road, Baguiati, Kolkata
V.I.P Road, Baguiati,
+91 97480 49907
Anal Fistula (Fistula-in-ano)
An anal fistula is a small channel that can develop between the anal canal and the skin
near the anus.
What are the symptoms of Anal fistula?
- Recurrent swelling, redness and pain in buttock or around the anus
- Chronic discharging perianal sinus.
What causes Anal fistula?
- Not maintaining local hygiene.
- Abscess in buttock and/or around the anus.
- Long standing fissure.
- Crohn’s disease.
When to consult a doctor
- As soon as there is any evidence of formation of abscess in buttock or perianal regions.
- One should consult a surgeon even the abscess bursts spontaneously draining pus and blood. In this condition there is a possibility of development of fistula in later date.
Why Ayurvedic treatment ?
- Treated with ksharasutra.
- Very less incidence of recurrence.
- Least chance of post operative stool incontinence.
- Minimal invasive surgery.
- Minimum blood loss.
- Cutting of tract and its healing goes on simultaneously.
- Can be performed in elderly patients.
- Can be performed in diabetic patients.
- Less hospital stay.
- Patient can continue normal life after a sitting of Ksharasutra change.