V.I.P Road, Baguiati, Kolkata
V.I.P Road, Baguiati,
+91 97480 49907
Piles / Haemorrhoids
Haemorrhoids, also known as piles are swellings containing swollen blood vessels in and around anus and lower rectum. They may or may not bleed. They are painless until become complicated. There are various treatment options for piles.
What forms haemorrhoids ?
Haemorrhoids are cushions of submucosal tissue (anal lining) which contains small blood vessels and muscle fibres of anal canal. Haemorrhoids are normal part of anorectal anatomy and they help in complete closure of anal canal at rest. Treatment is required only when they are symptomatic.
Why do piles occur ?
- Long standing constipation.
- Long standing diarrhea.
- Repeated infection of the anal lining.
- Fibre-deficient diet.
- Persistent straining when passing of stool and urine.
- Cancer of rectum.
- Anal intercourse.
When to consult a doctor ?
- Bright-red bleeding during or after passing stool.
- Mostly painless; often painful, when complicated.
- Lump is felt in and around the anus.
- Discharge of mucus.
- Irritation and itching in the anus area.
- Sense of fullness in the anus
- Feeling of incomplete emptying of bowel
Why Ayurveda ?
- Wide range of time-tested treatment options like medicine, Ksharakarma (alkali cauterization), agnikarma (thermal cauterization), surgery with Ksharasutra etc.
- Minimum adverse effect.
- Minimum blood loss during surgery.
- Suitable for elderly patients.
- Less chance of recurrence.